Thursday, 4 July 2013

4 July 2013

Areas of Interaction

Today’s focus: Understand and Study on Areas of Interaction (Health and Social Education)

Health and Social Education
·  How do I think and act?
·  How am I changing?
·  How can I look after myself and others?

This area of interaction deals with key aspects of development leading to complete and healthy lives. It encompasses physical, social and emotional health and intelligence. The aim is to develop in students a sense of responsibility for their own well-being and for their physical and social environment.
 
In particular, the exploration of this area in the subject groups allows students to discuss and reflect on the following aspects of health:
 
·  physical
·  psychological
·  sociological
·  economic
·  legal

Comparisons can also be made across times and cultures.

The scope of this area of interaction goes beyond the acquisition of content knowledge. It necessitates structured learning in terms of:
·  knowledge
·  skills
·  attitudes
·  values

 Source from: 
"Middle Years Programme Curriculum Areas of Interaction." IB Middle Years Programme, Areas of Interaction, Health and Social Education. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 July 2013. http://www.ibo.org/myp/curriculum/interaction/health/.
 
 
After reading, I understand that:

Health and Social Education teaches how to lead a healthy life and it has to do with physical, social and emotional health and intelligence. My personal project (Always on the Run):

·       Aim to train myself to be a physically and mentally fit athlete, which to be witness from my body shape, muscle and medical health report.
·       Aim to complete a half marathon (21km) within 3 hours, to prove myself a physically and mentally fit athlete after 6 months of training.
·       To create awareness to school community that physical activity and exercise are important to health.

And I believe through the process and outcomes of my project, I can have a better quality lifestyle and healthy lives. I also would like to develop my own responsibility for my own well-being through this project. Through planning, discussion, observation, investigation, research, reflection, collaboration and communication with different people, competition and so on, I believe I am able to achieve all my goals and deepen my understanding on this AOI (Health and Social Education). Not only understand, but to realize the key concepts of the Area of Interaction chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment